- The other parent will see how much work you do as you are racing back and forth with spritz bottles and laundry baskets.
- You will have another adult to watch the children while you are working, rather than having "helpers" and distractions.
- If the other parent is goofing around, you can use the "toddler choices" format to say in a friendly, pleasant tone of voice, "Do you want to clean the bathroom, or do you want to watch the kids while I do it?," instead of bringing out the screeching tone of voice to say, "Why is YOUR weekend 'a weekend' while mine is just MORE OF THE SAME??"
- The other parent will then have a mental picture during the workweek of you working-working-working, rather than having a mental picture of you lying around complaining.
- This will free up time during the week, when no one is around to see you lying around complaining.
- Instead of Monday being the day when you have to deal with all the mess generated by having an extra person but less work, the Monday House will be the best.
- Weekends are a disappointment anyway (
We'll get to sleep in! It'll be great having another adult to help! We can relax and have fun!), and so you might as well improve the rest of the week.
Summer sleep-away camp supplies - I am in a TIZZ about Elizabeth going to Girl Scouts camp this summer. I’m GLAD she’s going, and I’m glad she WANTS to go, but it’s a week and this is the f...